Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday night...

Last night, we found our new family tradition. I think something that would hold us together had been missing in our duo since the move. It had become "what am I going to do with Xavier?", rather than "what are we going to do together?" Now, I think we've found something that fits perfectly. Our Saturday night picnic and a movie will be a thing of monumental family proportions.

The day started off rather dull and without much get up and go. We didn't leave the house until 1 to run errands. Xavier fell asleep in the car, we were very indecisive, and then we made it home. We had stopped by the redbox, and picked up Despicable Me. I'm thinking, yay, yet another kids' movie.

A couple hours of goofing around pass and it just hit me that maybe we should get the movie started, but that we hadn't had dinner. However, there's no eating on the new couch. It was getting dreadfully close to the tired beyond all reason threshold. Solution: Picnic on the floor. In front of the TV. We laid out the green serape that my brothers and I used to fight over 20 years ago, ate sandwiches off paper plates, and had a lovely time.

They're so little only once. I won't be able to hold him in my arms forever. He won't willingly eat on a blanket spread out on the living room floor with his mom when he's 15. So, forgive me, but there is nothing I would rather do than spend my Saturday night with my little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment